Monday, October 29, 2012

Thomas Raeburn?

Some of you might be wondering what happened to the Thomas Raeburn story.

Truth be told, I got kind of bored of it. There are fantastic elements from the idea that I will continue on with such as the painting style. Perhaps one day, I will revisit it but I feel there are bigger and better things I could do with the creative elements. I have all of these great pictures that I want to share, but it was becoming too much work to try and incorporate them into a story. I would rather just share the pictures.

In reality, I am lucky enough to live in an area where I am surrounded by a huge mysterious forest. I started getting tired of the story because, frankly, it was not as interesting as the actual world around me. I'd given this forests the nickname "The Everdim" long before I used it in the story on account of its perpetually stifled luminosity. At night the woods are filled with all kinds of strange and haunting sounds, much like the soundscape I made a few days ago. It's a great place for spooky inspiration.

Below is an image I made for a part later in the story. This menacing individual is based loosely off of "Pan" from Greek mythology. He is interconnected with nature just like in ancient accounts, however, this one is way more sinister. Everything has a balance in nature. The forest is a place of overwhelming beauty and its counter balance is this creature. You do not want to cross it.


No comments: